Sunday, June 27, 2004

New Baby Boy!!!

Yesterday, Saturday June 26, a new baby boy was born in Yoff. He is the child of one of my favorite people here in Senegal. His older 3 year old brother is absolutely the cutest child on the face of this earth-he is mine-and now I get two!!!! The mother and child are doing very well. They did actually go to the hospital for the mother to give birth. The baby does not have a name yet because they do not name the children here until the 8th day of their lives. So on Saturday I will be going to the ngente: naming ceremony. It will be so much fun and I get to wear my new, fancy Senegalese clothes.

Today, the 27th of June, is Lisa's birthday!!! Happy birthday to her! We are celebrating tonight by ordering pizza and watching a dvd on the computer!! fun birthday party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home