Sunday, June 13, 2004

at a glance

so again i say God is moving here in Senegal! it is so evident to me. sharing Bible stories this past week about Christs miracles was awesome. we received many statements and questions and many requests to hear more stories about Christ. we are also trying to set up a time and place to use the Wolof storying tapes for the children in Yoff.
(we already have the first native Lebou missionary picked out...he is young, but its going to happen!)
the fact that i have been so warmly welcomed back into my family and yoff speaks a lot. they know I am a follower of Christ. they are still asking questions. the missionary we have picked out is in my family as well! so much is going to happen in this family.
on a different note, this is the family that my best friend/sister is in who has the new baby out of wedlock. it is a very touchy subject, but a great ministry opportunity for us. also i found out that for sure my Senegalese father has a second wife. i was pretty sure he did, but did not want to know it as a fact...i was in denial! i am still upset about this! in this culture, the men are allowed to have up to four wives. it is very disappointing to me!
so, continue to pray for this family and all of the Lebou!!!
thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home