Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Back in Senegal

“Na ma na la” (I’ve missed you) is what I have heard from most everyone in the Yoff area that I live in. It is wonderful to be back in Yoff. I have felt so welcomed and loved. I just hate that I only remember half the people who know my name. But of course, they always know the toubabs names. The last couple of days have been spent in orientation for the F4F program. I know I am only on day 3 but it seems like I have been here for at least a week already (which is not a bad thing). I truly love it. Most of Yoff and Dakar is the same, with the exception of a few things. On my first day here, I took my bags to the apartment and went to my family’s house to see them. I actually woke a few of them up because it was only 7 am. Fatou had a baby three months ago…talk about being shocked! She is 19 and not married. Once again, I ask you to pray for this family, as I feel they are my ministry here. I spend most of my time with them, so please pray for me as I show them Christ’s love.

Lisa is great here…oh how she makes me laugh. Last night the Islamic chantings went on from 10-1. There is no possible way to describe what this is or how it sounds…call late one night and I will let you hear it over the phone!! Lisa said, “is there no a noise ordinance against that?” of course, she was only joking though.

More tomorrow…keep praying for the Lebou and the F4F team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home