Wednesday, March 12, 2008

snow and a taste of west africa

snow. it snowed.















pretty, fluffy, cold snow.
in louisville, my folks got over a foot of snow.














mom's snowman, with buster looking on suspiciously

it even snowed here in louisiana. i was shocked.
















my mini-snowman, before he got demolished by the kid
















snowball fight with neighborhood kids!

it was last friday that the lord sent snow upon me here in louisiana. and it was on friday that the lord blessed me with a taste of west africa. obviously it wasn't because of the snow. but i have oh so greatly missed the community of tessaoua. playing with all the kids. sitting with the widow across the way. greeting my neighbor through the wall separating our houses. knowing my neighbors. being a part of the community.

well friday i got to play with the neighborhood kids here. i had coffee & hot chocolate with them. i went over to my neighbor's house that night and played with her children and had dinner. so simple. but such a blessing. america does not know the blessing of community. friday i had a taste of community and it made my day. all because of the snow. thanks be to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home