Thursday, February 14, 2008

pounded! and parade

louisiana is different. no worries, i'm in north louisiana...nonetheless it is different here. different from the other places i've lived - georgia, alabama, and well most definitely niger!

mardi gras. students got a mardi gras break. seemed crazy to me.
i experienced my first mardi gras parade - it was clean. well except for that one grandma's shirt. crazy lady!
















a mardi gras parade in shreveport


the church i am with now came to me to talk about my "pounding." i asked, "my what?"
i had never heard of a pounding. after a quick explanation, i thought this is great!

so members of the church brought me various goods to welcome me. how great.
evidently, the term "pounding" comes from back in the day....when new people moved to town, neighbors would give them a pound of something - sugar, flour, etc.

so last sunday night i got "pounded!"
















all the stuff, not including the gift cards!
















and look at all these paper products. oh my.

a lot for a girl recently returned from niger. thanks so much, temple!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to find out where I can get a shirt like granny's! hahaha.

Oh, je peux emprunter papier hygiƩnique, n'est pas?

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home