Thursday, July 22, 2004

a spanking?

i personally think that my little African apartment is really nice.  i remember thinking i would be living in a dump of a place last summer and being shocked when i arrived at the yoff apartment.  those of you who still think about straw huts, just stop thinking that. but dont get me wrong, this apartment does have its faults.  when lisa was my roommate, we woke up one night convinced that there was a rat in our room.  no one believed us. two weeks ago i had the room to myself and was again awoken to the sounds of something similar to a rat. no one believed me.  then ashley moved into my room. she heard the rat as well. now people are starting to believe us.  whether there is a rat or not, i dont know for sure.  but there is some creature in our room.
and its name is ralph!

for those of you who have ever slept in the same room as me....you know i talk, scream, etc all throughout the night. so when i think i hear a rat: i scream: loud! well the morning after the last rat incident, i was walking outside of our compound when the mother who lives below us called for me to enter her room. she wanted to know what in the world i was screaming about at 3 in the morning!! how embarassing!  she also said that she had heard me screaming on several different occassions! i tried to explain that i just talk and scream in my sleep, but that did not work for her. she said the next time that i do it she is coming upstairs to spank me!  go figure! i told her my mom at home never spanked me for talking in my sleep. but she said i frightened her and she checked all the rooms that night to see what was going on.  many others downstairs heard me screaming and now they all think i am crazy! too funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home