Wednesday, July 06, 2005

traveler passing through

Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. my life is no longer than the width of my hand. an entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath. we are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. we heap up wealth for someone else to spend. and so Lord, where do i put my hope? my only hope is in you. rescue me from my rebellion for even fools mock me when i rebel...for i am your guest-a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me. ~selection from Psalm 19 (4-8;12b)

we are all travelers passing through...different lifes, locations, and experiences. what do those who we pass by remember us for?

life really is simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home